I've got a parent council meeting tonight, so I might not get round to this later, lol.
Well, after a lot of walking away and scrapping of cards (and I don't mean that in the scrapbooking sense) I managed to come up with a card for my friend. This is the "holistic" type card she asked for.
It didn't come without it's share of stress. Wasn't really sure what she was after so it didn't come that easily. I then stamped some images, none of which I was happy with. Then I stamped what ended up on the finished card and was reasonably pleased. Put the whole thing together and stamped a sentiment in the inside. Squint! (should have used my stamp-a-ma-jig...) so I decided to use my new lacy oval nestie to stamp it again and cover the mistake. That was fine. Then I turned the card over and there was a splodge of ink on the back of it. I don't know if it was distress ink, it was certainly distressing me!! So I took the whole thing off the card and stuck it to another, clean, card blank. This is the first time I've made such a large card but it's for a large class to send to their massage teacher.
I liked the oval nestie with the sentiment in the inside so I kept that bit, even though this time, it's not hiding a wee mistook.
I'm kind of happy with what I've done. I don't hate it as much as a Cath Kidston wedding card I was asked to make once. It was hideous!!!!! So twee, horrible. Yeuch, I'm coming out in a cold sweat even thinking about it.
Anyway, my friend collected it earlier and was delighted so that's the main thing.Close up .... The inside with that oval nestie...