Tuesday 3 May 2011

Confessions of a crafter

whisper this.... I bought a card today..... I ran out of time to do a first birthday card last night (well, I was too tired and decided to go to bed!). I was (honest) going to make one this afternoon so that I could give it to the wee girl next door when they got back in this evening. However, I was out for coffee with Yvonne and Cass this morning and decided that Marks do cards for £1 and as Quinn is only 1 she wasn't going to appreciate a hand crafted card.... and having delivered her card and present earlier on this evening I realised I was right in this - she chucked the card all over the living room and chewed it! I've also decided that given my lack of a birthday card for a 1 year old that I'm going to make more of an effort to be organised and actually have a stash of cards that I could use for such occassions. Any occassions really, not just a first birthday card. I know it's nice to make an effort for a personal card but sometimes I just don't have the time (or the inspiration). So, you heard it here first, I am going to be organised. Aye. Right. See how long that lasts eh?! This card is for someone who might appreciate a hand made card a little more than a 1 year old! And look, it's not square!!! It was almost C6 in size. Cut an A4 sheet of SU Crumb Cake cs and was about to score it on my M&F board when I had a sudden thought and scored it at A5 gatefold instead! Woohoo! I'm quite pleased with it. I hope Sharon is too. Cardstock - Crumb cake, Baja Breeze, Early Espresso - SU Image - Martini Nikki, Martini Sentiment and Birthday Sentiment from Ladybug Crafts Ink Colouring - Promarkers Paper - Elegent Soiree - SU Embellishment - Adhesive Pearls SU Susan xxx

No comments:

Sweet Stampin' Challenge

Hello.   Time for a new challenge  Sweet Stampin ' and this time the theme is Earth Day or Use Something Recycled. The hangers were made...