Sunday 14 July 2013

Dream Valley Challenges


Hello there!

While I was off on my hols one of my lovely bloggy friends shared some news with me on Facebook that I had made it on to the DT at Dream Valley Challenges and I haven't really had a chance to share that news with you before now but there you go...



So now on to the new challenge at Dream Valley Challenges

This fortnight our theme is

Fancy Folds

Two very similar cards to show you - neither have of which have been here before. I have a whole folder on my laptop of cards still to be blogged and I'm trying to get through them.

I was asked by my friend to a Ruby Wedding Anniversary card for her mum to send to friends who were celebrating at the start of the month and I emailed her a photo of the bottom card (which was made for my friend's in-laws who celebrated in February!!) and she loved it so I set about doing something very similar.

It's a criss cross type card - two 6x6 cards which I halved diagonally and then stuck the two cards together to form a pocket. I actually really like this style of card and I must do another soon.

I got the verse from a site which had free anniversary poems but sadly I can't remember which one it was!

You can see the wee tag on the bottom photo a wee bit better - I left that blank so that a message could be written.






Challenges I'd Like to Enter

Cardstock
from stash

Paper
Stampin Up

 Embellishments 
Pearls

 Tools 
 Thanks for dropping by today.

 Remember to drop by Dream Valley and see what the rest the DT have been up to. 

 Susan 
x

9 comments:

Sue said...

Congrats on your new DT place Susan.
Your cards are gorgeous. I love criss cross design and beautiful flowers
Sue xx

Wendy said...

These are so gorgeous Susan, love your flowers and design....Congrats on your new DT.
Wendy xx

Claire said...

This is a beautiful card, gorgeous colours. Hugs, Claire x

catherine said...

Fantastic news Susan about your new DT post and I am sure you will do them all proud. Fantastic shaped folded cards.
x catherine

rachel said...

such a beauty Susan - this is wonderful xx

Kim said...

big congrats on your DT spot Susan! and love these anniversary cards, the criss cross design looks fabulous and lovely words
Kim x

Chris said...

Beautiful, elegant card, Susan. I love the design, with the little pocket for the tag and the colours are gorgeous! Congrats on your new DT post!
Chris
X

Inkypinkydelights said...

Love your criss cross card and choice of colours too. This is one of my favourite shapes. Judy x

Lin said...

Susan, sorry it's taken me a while to say welcome to Dream Valley, it's a great team and I am sure you will fit in really well and it will be a pleasure working with you.

This card is absolutely gorgeous. and will have added to their anniversary joy. Beautiful sentiment, love flowers and diecuts.

Lin xx

Sweet Stampin' Challenge

Hello.   Time for a new challenge  Sweet Stampin ' and this time the theme is Easter. I bought these cute wee gnomes last year but didn&...