Thursday 12 September 2013

Tropical Thursday..... NOT

Goodness me, I think Autumn Winter has set in today. It is miserable!

I should really have done a summery card to cheer us up but it's a new home card instead and unfortunately I actually forgot to take a photo of the finished article before I gave it to my friend whose Mum had asked me for it so this isn't the best photo!

I was inspired by a card that the lovely Cheremane did for Visible Image and figured I could use the Visible Image plaint splats with this little painter! I think he's a bit messy don't you..... and no dust sheets in sight... pfft. I've used the Vintage Boys LOTV art pad as my image today - these are fantastic. I liked a few of the images but didn't think I would get enough use out of them to warrant buying the stamps so this was a great alternative.


Challenges I'd Like to Enter
Delightful Challenges - New Beginnings
Make My Monday - Make A Scene
Challenges 4 Everybody
Make it Monday

Stamps
Vintage Boys Art Pad - LotV
Sentiment - LotV

 Colouring Medium 

Cardstock
Soft Suede and Crumb Cake - Stampin' Up

Paper 
Elegant Soiree - Stampin Up (Retired)

 Ink 
Crumb Cake - Stampin Up

  Thanks for dropping by today. It's Thursday and I'm off to the Crafty Cabin tonight so fingers crossed for a productive evening!

Susan 
x

13 comments:

Jo said...

Aw, he's a real sweetie....love the paint splats too!
hugs Jo x

(I have a little candy if you're interested!)

Marilyn said...

Love this!

catherine said...

Great looking card Susan. love the background paper. it is turning rather cold here as well. have fun crafting
x catherine

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,lovely image and colours.xxx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Susan. I love the image and design.
Lorraine x

Sue said...

Gorgeous card, I love the image and the paint splats look fab!
Sue xx

rachel said...

Hi Susan - this is fabby - love this image and those sketch pad things are such a good idea! Love the paint splats too! Hope the crafty cabin was fun. Sounds good xx

Chris said...

Hi Susan,just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Awe, so adorable. Beautifully crafted. Great design and attention to detail. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Delightful Challenges. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Berni, DT
delightfulsketches.

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Susan
beautiful image and great back ground . Love the torn piece .
Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

loz said...

Gorgeous card and image. I spotted this on MIM..Loz

Pia S said...

The background you've made for this card is perfect with your choice of image! Love the effect of splatters of paint you've created. A great card - spotted it on MIM.

Rossella said...

Brilliant card, thanks for sharing with us at Make My Monday this week
Rosie x

Sweet Stampin' Challenge

Hello.   Time for a new challenge  Sweet Stampin ' and this time the theme is Easter. I bought these cute wee gnomes last year but didn&...