Sunday 16 March 2014

Hobbycutz Challenge

Morning all.

It's time for a new challenge at Hobbycutz

This week our theme is

A Shaped Card

so none of your square cards this week!

We're sponsored this week by Sassy Studio.

Now this isn't what I had in mind when I started off making this card. I went to look for something else and discovered this Sizzix snowflake die that I bought in the recent sale and decided I'd go for a snowflake shaped card.... yeah, I know. Make life easy eh?! 

Once I had cut the snowflake I cut a circle to stick it to but I embossed it first. I then printed the sentiment and in a HUGE departure for me I actually changed the look of one of Kobie's fabby embellishments. I love the look of them, I like the wood so I tend not to touch them when I'm using them but sticking a wooden butterfly on my WOW card would have looked a bit silly. I painted it white and when it was dry I added some Cosmic Shimmer Glacier Ice.



Challenges I'd Like to Enter
Totally Papercrafts - Shaped Cards
Aloha Fridays - Things With Wings
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes
Die Cut Divas - Let's Emboss It

 Embellishments 
Butterflies - Hobbycutz
Pearls
Cosmic Shimmer Ice Crystals
Glossy Accents

 Tools 
Snowflake Embossing Folder
Big Shot

 Thanks for dropping by today.

 Remember to drop by Hobbycutz and see what the rest the DT have been up to. 

 Susan 
x

11 comments:

Wendy L said...

Stunning, you did great changing the colour of embelly. Looks great. xxxx

Tracey T said...

Love how all the elements of this card link together and the glittery butterfly looks amazing. xx

Chris said...

Fab! Love the WOW! I know what you mean about the 'naked' laser cuts, but the butterfly looks gorgeous!
Chris
x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Susan, such a beautiful design and I love the sparkly butterfly.
Sue xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is stunning, I love white on white and its so delicate, Love Hazelxx

Glittertastic said...

Fabulous shape for a Christmas card and I love how you have done the butterfly. Thanks for joining us this week at Totally Papercrafts

Sharon
x

Debs said...

Gorgeous shaped card Susan - love the altered sparkly flutterby :o)
Debs xx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous wow card. I love the shape and pretty snowflakes
Lorraine x

Arlene said...

Lovely card. Such an unusual and beautiful shape.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Dawn T said...

simply gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas this month.

Helen said...

A beautiful card - it's really striking.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra.

Helen x

Sweet Stampin' Challenge

Hello.   Time for a new challenge  Sweet Stampin ' and this time the theme is Easter. I bought these cute wee gnomes last year but didn&...