Saturday 4 August 2012

There's No Place Like Home

I am multi-tasking here. I am blogging and watching the Olympics. As I write, we've won gold thanks to Jess Ennis and Greg Rutherford and am just watching Mo Farah in the 10K. Come on Mo!!!!


Made this card for my friend who has just moved into her new place. Unfortunately her son and Scott have no clue who this lady is.... and then when I told Andy he said "who was it supposed to be"... I kinda thought the sentiment and the ruby slippers were a give away. But there you go.





Challenges I'd like to enter:


Craft Punked - At The Movies (The Wizard of Oz)
2 Sisters - Anything Goes

Image - Dorothy, Saturated Canary, coloured with Copics, Sentiment, computer generated
Cardstock/Paper - From stash
Embellishments - Glittery Card Candy from stash
Tools - Nesties, Cuttlebug


Thanks for dropping by today. I'm away for a lie down after all the excitement!


Oh and remember to pop over to Sweet Stampin' to check out our new challenge. It's Team Abi's turn this week and the the theme this week is 


Books/Text

You can either use an image including books or use some text on your creation. Make sure you stamp something though!

Hugs. Susan xxx

17 comments:

Sue said...

Yeah!! Just got ANOTHER GOLD!
Your card is gorgeous Susan, I love the image and the papers are perfect

Sue

Wishcraft said...

Ooh lovely card Susan, and what a great idea for a new home card! Hugs, Lisa x

Jane said...

HAHAHA!!! What an amazing night it's been...you're soooo right! Way too exhausted to make cards this evening with all the cheering & clapping...well done you though...great card xx

Tracey T said...

Well I knew who it was meant to be! And she looks lovely. I too am multi-tasking; watching the Olympics while enjoying a large G&T! What a night for GB athletics and go Andy Murray - 2 Olympic finals. I couldn't run the length of myself but I've loved watching these guys today. xx

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

LOL! Useless!! I think it is pretty obvious who it is meant to be too! ;) I love the ruby bling and she looks so cute standing there :D

Laine said...

Hi Susan, Fabulous card, wonderful image and super design detail. I have been really enjoying the Olympics, much to my surprise, as I'm not very sporty.
Hugs
Laine
X

carol said...

Hi Susan, super card, Have a lovely Sunday what ever you have planned, x carol

Paula said...

This is fantastic! Love your image and design, looking wonderful! Thanks for joining Craft Punked this week, Paula ;))

June Nelson said...

Its beautiful Suzan hunnie love it xxxxxxxxxxxxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is lovely Susan. Glad you are enjoying the Olympics.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Judith said...

cute card Susan -I just coloured this one up myself only I just made her pink -so no Dorothy for me! - I'm loving the Olympics too - just wondering what I can take up to be in with a chance of a medal at the next ones lololol x

Anne said...

Gorgeous Susan, a pretty little Dorothy lol
Anne x

Anonymous said...

pretty card! love your image. Thank you for playing with us at 2 Sister this week.
Hugs,
Jill

Becky G said...

So pretty! Love this image!

s4rah said...

Great new home card, it's nice to see one that doesn't have a house on :)
Thanks for joining us at Craft Punked this week!

Rachel said...

Fab card, love this image! Wedgie xxx

mandy said...

Gorgeous card Susan I am in love with the stamp recently purchased her and am dying to get the time to color her up :)

Thanks for joining us at 2Sisters Challenge this week

Hugs Mandy DT xxx

Sweet Stampin' Challenge

Hello.   Time for a new challenge  Sweet Stampin ' and this time the theme is Easter. I bought these cute wee gnomes last year but didn&...