Saturday 28 September 2013

Sunny September Weekend

Happy Saturday afternoon to you.  

It's a holiday weekend here, the sun is shining and it's perfect washing drying weather.... but my washing machine appears to be dead :( Andy is, as I type, trying to fix it. And as I type I'm on the Curry's website reserving a new one ;)

A wee anniversary card today - was asked to make one for a Tin (10 years) wedding anniversary and to try and get the dates on - however, the dates just didn't look right so they ended up in the bin!

The little verse "My love for you will never fail, I carry it round in this wee tin pail" came from a chat I had with a friend who said she got this on a Valentine when she was a girl! It seemed appropriate so I coloured Wryn's flower pot as if it were a tin pail. 

Just had a thought - an image of Oor Wullie would have been good - he sits on a bucket every day ;) - if you're not Scottish that may mean nothing to you!


Challenges I'd Like to Enter

Stamps 
Wryn Grow A Little Love - Tiddly Inks

 Colouring Medium 

Cardstock
from stash

Paper

  Embellishments 

 Tools
Big Shot

 Thanks for dropping by today. 

 Susan
 x

8 comments:

Tracey T said...

Super cute and love the sentiment - you're right, it would be perfect for Oor Wullie. Hope you get the washing machine sorted. There is an upside tho' - no washing, no ironing ;0) xx

rachel said...

great colour for a tin anniversary Susan and such a lovely card - fabulous xx Hope the washing machine worries got sorted - there's nothing worse than being without a washer !

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the image and fab details.xxx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Susan. I love the image, fabulous colouring and brilliant wording.
I hope you don't have to wait too long to get your washing machine sorted!
Sue xx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Susan. The image is adorable and I love the colours and design.
Hope your washing machine gets sorted.
Have a lovely weekend
Lorraine x

Chris said...

Do I detect a slight lack of confidence in your HB's ability to mend washing machine? ;)
Great card, Susan, lovely image and design ... that 'romantic' sentiment made me laugh!
Chris

Sandra said...

Turned out perfect.
xxx

Shazza said...

such a cute card Susan, hope you have a great weekend x

Sweet Stampin' Challenge

Hello.   Time for a new challenge  Sweet Stampin ' and this time the theme is Easter. I bought these cute wee gnomes last year but didn&...