Sunday 18 November 2012

Lazin' On A Sunday Afternoon

And it's very nice to do so! Scott is building Lego, Craig is on his laptop and Andy and I are just relaxing with a cup of tea. It's that kind of Sunday :) 

There are loads of things I *should* be doing but pfft to that. 

Yesterday, I sorted colour sorted some Lego for Scott into bags cos I was fed with him asking me to look in the massive Lego box for one piece or another. He has just tipped each of the bags out back into the box..... *and breathe*

So, to today's card. A girl at Andy's work asked me to make a card for her Mum   and to try and incorporate sunflowers. Boy what a hard job I had looking for something that I liked and felt I could work with - then after I was finished the card later on that week when I was doing my DT commenting I saw loads of stuff that would have done instead of the stamp I did end up using.

This is Molly in her Garden from Molly Blooms and I've teamed it with the Daisy Bunch stamp (and tried to make them look like sunflowers) - so there was a spot of masking involved here too.


Challenges I'd Like to Enter
Oldie but a Goodie - Anything but Christmas (no idea how long that paper has been in my stash for!)
Papertake - Flower Power

Stamps 
Molly in the Garden and Daisy Bunch, Molly Blooms
Sentiment, Stampin Up

Colouring Medium 
Copics/Promarkers

Cardstock/Paper 
From Stash - been there a long long time!

Embellishments 
Flowers and Pearls from stash

 Thanks for dropping by today. I'm looking forward to the curry that Andy is making for dinner and the Strictly results show. Who's going tonight?! I think Michael and Nicky for the bottom two.

 Hugs. Susan xxx

10 comments:

Cathy said...

And Scott is still alive??!!!!! Typical of kids isn't it - did you find anything he ha lost?!
Gorgeous card, sweetie.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Caroline said...

Beautiful card Susan, the image is adorable and the layout is fabulous. Caroline xxx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,lovely image and colours.xxx

Kim said...

gorgeous card Susan, love the sunflowers image. hope the curry was good!
Kim x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Susan. I love the cute image and the beautiful sentiment
Sue

Wishcraft said...

Such a cute card Susan, fab colours and layout :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Tracey T said...

Well, you were right about Nicky. That Victoria is driving me mad with her 2 left feet!! Hope you had a lovely curry. Oh, and by the way, your card is fab - lovin' the paper. xx

Unknown said...

Hi Susan, I've had a busy Sunday! The friend and her daughters came over. Two sisters + Emily = mass chaos!!!

Fab card by the way - love the sunflowers.

Sarah

Erika said...

Great card Susan, I love the Molly blooms stamps. As for lego we tried that but it won't last for long then back in a great big box it will go never to be seen again!
Crafty hugs Erika.

DesignerDiva said...

Lovely little card Susan, the flowers are fab with that super Molly image
Thanks for sharing it with us at Oldie But A Goodie this week and good luck in the challenge
Hugs Laurie xx

Sweet Stampin' Challenge

Hello.   Time for a new challenge  Sweet Stampin ' and this time the theme is Easter. I bought these cute wee gnomes last year but didn&...