Wednesday 22 May 2013

Mid Month Inspiration for Christmas at Sweet Stampin'


Morning all.

It's time for some mid month inspiration for Christmas At Sweet Stampin'

A wee reminder that this month our theme is

Winter Sports

Our sponsor this month is Quixotic Paperie who are offering a £10 voucher to the winner.

Now I have to be honest, I designed this card one day while I was day dreaming when I should have been listening... oops! But I love the way he's come together.

I simply embossed some white pearlescent card and then tore some to add to the bottom to give the effect of snow. I also made poor Andy go out and buy cocktail sticks and then found the ones I had bought originally! (to be fair, he was actually out shopping anyway!)

 

Challenges I'd Like to Enter
Make It Monday
LOTV Ideas for Inspiration - Boy Oh Boy
Eureka Stamps - All White or No DSP

Stamps
Ski Jump - LOTV
No idea who made alphabet stamps

 Colouring Medium 
Copics
Promarkers

Cardstock
Bazzill

  Embellishments 
Snowball Gems
Cocktail Sticks - Sainsburys
Liquid Pearls

 Tools 
Sentiment Strips - Dienamics
Circle Nesties
Big Shot

 Thanks for dropping by today. 

Remember to drop by Christmas at Sweet Stampin' and see what the rest the Christmas Sweeties have been up to. 

And just remember, that's another Christmas card done, and another month nearer to Christmas!

 Susan 
x

13 comments:

Sandra said...

He turned out well xxx

Doreen said...

Gorgeous card,love the fabulous image and great colours.xxx

Sue said...

Fabulous card Susan. Such a brilliant design. The torn edges look so effective and I love the cute image too.
Sue xx

Laine said...

Fabulous design and cute image Susan. Love it.
Laine
xx

Tracey T said...

Fabby card - I love the way you've constructed the finishing post and you can never have too many cocktail sticks (?) xx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Susan. The image is great and I love the design.
Lorraine x

Dawn said...

An adorable card Susan. I love the little scene you created with your snowy embossed background, the torn snowy hills and that clever finish line. Fantastic details.

Hugs, Dawn

debby4000 said...

Oh this is adorable Susan and fabulous too.
luv
Debby

Desire Fourie said...

This is a gorgeous little snow scene and I love how the torn paper strips looks like snow hills.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Janice said...

Great card Susan, love the ski race & finish line. Looks to me like you NEED another stamp though! Jx

Rene said...

What a pretty card!!! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM this week! Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
Rene :D

Gail said...

Okay, someone didn't send me the memo--I would have used a polka dot embossing folder for snow, too! Your torn paper is wonderful for snow. I love the blue and green of this card. Oooh, I like your and Fi's cards better than mine. Wanna trade? --Gail

Erica said...

Thanks so much for entering our first Lili of the Valley Challenge with your lovely card, Susan.
Good luck!
Erica x

Sweet Stampin' Challenge

Hello.   Time for a new challenge  Sweet Stampin ' and this time the theme is Earth Day or Use Something Recycled. The hangers were made...