Saturday 18 August 2012

Sneaks In Under The Wire....

Firstly can I say, welcome to my new followers. Lovely to have you aboard :)

Well, we're off to Ali's Island again today. The boys are super excited about the whole thing (and we're taking Daddy this time too) as am I. 

That's the first week of school over and we seem to have come through it unscathed which is always a good thing.

So the fact that we will be in Cathy's company might mean that this card escapes her notice entirely as you know how much both us like this particular colour. Ali loves it though, it's just a pity I had already given her her birthday card!!

I made this because I said I couldn't. And I do love a challenge.... ish ;) It's Cupcake Craft's birthday and when I saw the photo inspiration I thought there's no way I can do that, there's **** in it. Sandra entered and when I commented I said that I couldn't and she text me to say that there was no reason I couldn't go with the cake as the inspiration rather than the colour.  

Tiddly Inks were having a sale the other day and I saw this little cutie so I decided to have her and coloured her round at Cass' last night. I didn't start off with the intention of doing her **** but Cass had these papers in her stash which I thought went very well with the challenge and the image! 


 Challenges I'd like to enter:

Cupcake Crafts - Birthday Photo Inspiration

Stamps 
Wrynn, Tiddly Inks coloured with Promarkers and Copics
Sentiment, not sure of manufacturer
Cardstock
Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Stampin' Up
Paper 
Bo Bunny
 Embellishments 
Card Candy, Craftwork Cards
Tools 
Circle and Label Nesties
Cuttlebug

Thanks for dropping by today. Enjoy your Saturday!

Hugs. Susan xxx

15 comments:

Sandra said...

Wow that's way pinker than mine!
Lovely card.
Have a good day.

S xxx

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous ,love the image..fab papers.xxx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Susan, I love the image and your colouring is beautiful.
I hope you have a great weekend
Hugs Sue

Rachel said...

Gorgeous card Susan, love those colours! Wedgie xxx

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Squeal pink yeah im impressed. My island is waiting for you all cant wait

Ali xx

carol said...

Hi Susan...love your card, fab cupcake!! have a lovely weekend, x carol

Tracey T said...

This is how it starts, Susan... you think you can't use it, then you use just a wee bit and then... Mwah ha ha ha ... **** will take over the world!!! xx

Kelly Lloyd said...

This is a great card.. Perfect for our challenge over at Cupcake Challenges.. Thanks for joining in and good luck..

Hugs Kelly (GDT)

Cathy said...

Love the card and fab image. I am studiously ignore that colour you have used!!!!
Hugs
Cathy xx

Ps nothing gets past me!!!!!

Faye said...

This lovely card made me smile, I mean really smile. Thanks so much for joining the birthday celebrations at Cupcake this week. Good Luck. x

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

So cute Susan!! What a lovely colouring job and those pinks are gorgeous :)

marion said...

What a sweet image, so adorable that girl sitting on a cupcake. Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Crafts this week. Hugs, marion

June Nelson said...

Aw Susan this is goreous and she is such a sweetie, hope your enjoying your weekend hunie big huggies June xxxxx

Janet O'Brien said...

Susan you did a great job on this challenge - great colouring! thanks for joining us in the Cupcake Crafts birthday challenge, good luck - Janet (guest DT)

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, love the cute image, thank you for sharing with us at Cupcake Craft Challenges this special week.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Sweet Stampin' Challenge

Hello.   Time for a new challenge  Sweet Stampin ' and this time the theme is Easter. I bought these cute wee gnomes last year but didn&...